Boost your energy with this refreshing drink. When you can’t get to the islands, enjoy a nice tall glass of this deliciously, fresh lemonade.
It replenishes the body with electrolytes too making it especially beneficial during labor & delivery. Best served chilled, this mineral lemonade promises to quench your thirst and invigorate your senses with every sip!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through links on this post at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my full disclosure.
Energy-Boosting Mineral Lemonade
- 1 half gallon glass jar with lid
- 1 strainer
- 1 Knife
- 1 Small stovetop pot (for warming honey & water)
- 1 funnel (optional)
- 4 cups Coconut Water (no sugar added)
- 2 cups Water (filtered/bottled)
- 2 Lemons (juiced)
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- 2 tbsp Honey (raw, unpasteurized)
- 1 tbsp Trace Minerals or Electrolyte Drops (unflavored, optional)
- ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt (unrefined)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Thoroughly clean your instruments before use and assemble your ingredients.
- Transfer water to a small pot with the honey.
- Gently warm the mixture on low heat until any crystallized honey just begins to melt.
- Once warmed, remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add the coconut water to the jar.
- Roll the citrus on a countertop with the palm of your hand to activate their juices.
- Cut each lemon in half then juice directly into the half-gallon jar fitted with the strainer.
- Repeat until all citrus has been juiced into the jar.
- Add the water and honey mixture followed by magnesium powder and salt. Using a funnel may help!
- Secure the jar with a lid then invert several times to mix well.
- Refrigerate 1-4 hours prior to serving for best results.
- Serve over ice and with a slice of citrus.
If you’re looking for the perfect, quick and sweet pick me up after a workout (or during birth!), this boost energy drink is sure to fix your cravings!